EFORT – The European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Trauma seek to ensure that the information published on its community platform “EFORTnet” is up to date and accurate.
By registering for EFORTnet – the EFORT community platform – you accept and consent that certain of your personal information, i.e. your first and last name, email address, profession and professional interests, might be accessed by other registered users through the users’ search function of the community platform, the directory of registered users, and any other services provided by the EFORTnet community platform such as forums and webinars.
The sharing of your personal information with other registered users on the EFORT community platform may be deactivated at any time by deleting your account or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Therefore, all the information exchanges made on the EFORTnet community platform including answers given by users and/or experts to questions from other users and/or experts, do not constitute in any case, a legal and/or a professional advice.
No guarantee of resolution of problems is expressed or implied with any information on EFORTnet. Consequently, in no event shall EFORT, its employees, associates or members, or any user/expert member of the EFORTnet community platform, be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage whatsoever that may arise from the use of this site or any of the information available on this site. Any information or advice is to be applied at the user’s discretion.
Any message posted on EFORTnet forums and discussions expresses only the views of the author of that message and does not necessarily reflect the views of EFORT or the views of any other person on the EFORTnet community platform.
EFORTnet and the EFORT’s public website – www.efort.org – may include links to other websites. These links are provided for navigational convenience and to help users with relevant additional information on the selected issues asked by the user itself.
These links to external websites are not under the control of EFORT, and therefore, whilst we check the links for suitability and initial availability, we cannot guarantee the availability or content of such sites, as they may change over time. The links from this website to other external websites are not endorsements of those sites. EFORT do not in any way endorse or approve those sites, their content, or the people who run them.
Certain of the services provided by EFORT through its portals (EFORT.org and EFORTnet), including online registration for events, newsletter services and interactive sessions such as forums and webinars, are provided in collaboration with EFORT members societies, affiliates and business partners.
EFORT is committed to ensure that users’ personal information is used properly and is stored securely. By submitting information to the EFORTnet community platform, whether during the registration process or when posting contributions, users consent that such information is being processed by EFORT in accordance with this Data Protection Policy.
Collection of Personal Information
EFORTnet, via its registration form, collects the following personal information in order to register the users of EFORTnet:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Address Type
- Mobile Phone
- Work Phone
- Medical qualification
- Field of employment
- Membership affiliation
- Professional Interests
When registering as an EFORTnet user, individuals must provide a personal email address and a password. EFORT will not and cannot register anyone as an EFORTnet user without these information.
Use of Personal Information
EFORT uses the EFORTnet Registration Data in order to register people as users of the community platform, to administer EFORTnet and to provide users with services available throughout the site.
EFORT also uses EFORTnet Registration Data in order to contact users by email with newsletters and service-related announcements. EFORT may also use EFORTnet Registration Data to contact users about products and services that EFORT thinks may be of interest to them and to request user participation in surveys or other activities related to EFORT activities or other projects with which EFORT is involved.
Surveys & Contests
Share of EFORTnet Registration Data
EFORT may need to share the EFORTnet Registration Data of users with third parties as EFORT may occasionally use third-party suppliers to process EFORTnet Registration Data on its behalf, e.g. to host the EFORTnet portal and to maintain the EFORT IT systems, including databases.
Where EFORT uses a third-party supplier to process the EFORTnet Registration Data of users on EFORT’s behalf, EFORT will ensure that adequate security measures are in place to safeguard EFORTnet Membership Registration Data.
Use of Patient information
All contributions submitted to EFORTnet forums, recaps and webinars are voluntary and shall not include personal information relating to patients (“Patient Information”) that is not anonymous, unless informed consent has previously been obtained from the patient in writing.
In no event shall EFORT, its employees or associates be liable to any person or individual for any loss or damage that may arise from patient information being uploaded that is not anonymous.
Users control the purpose for which Patient Information is used on the website.
EFORTnet stores Patient Information on behalf of users, but will not use personal data contained in Patient Information for its own purposes. Users’ contributions will only be used as outlined in this Data Protection Policy.
Users agree to indemnify EFORT and keep it indemnified from and against all costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, legal and other professional fees and expenses), losses, damages and other liabilities suffered or incurred by EFORT that arising out of or in connection with a breach of this paragraph by the user.
Notification of Changes
EFORT.org and EFORTnet Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
By accessing or using the EFORTnet, you agree to this Statement and Responsibilities:
- Users will not post any false personal information on EFORTnet, or create an account for anyone other than themselves without permission.
- Users will keep their contact information accurate and up to date.
- Users will not post content or take any action on EFORTnet that infringes or violates the rights of another individual or otherwise violates the law.
- Users will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Users will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- Users will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- Users will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of EFORTnet, such as a denial of service attack.
- Users will not use EFORTnet to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- Users will not use EFORT copyrights, or any confusingly similar trademarks, without EFORT’s written permission (email@example.com).
- Users will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on EFORTnet.
- Users will not solicit log-in information or access an account belonging to another user.
- Users will not share their password, let anyone else access their account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of their account.
- Users will not transfer their account to anyone.
- When reporting or referencing a post on another site, users will provide a link to the original post or story.
- Users will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as pyramid schemes, on EFORTnet.
- Users will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access EFORTnet, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- When relevant, users will identify their affiliation with a third party/commercial entity and their area of interest.
- Users will not post any confidential or proprietary information.
- Users will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on EFORTnet.
- Users will not further their own personal or private commercial interests via EFORTnet.
- Users will not use their personal profile for commercial gain (such as promoting and/or selling products).
- Users will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
EFORT reserves the right to remove any content or information posted on EFORTnet or disable an account as appropriate or even to stop providing all or part of EFORTnet if it believes that a user is violating the terms and/or spirit of this Statement or otherwise creating possible legal exposure for EFORT. EFORT will then notify the user by email directly or the next time the user attempts to access his/her account.
If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent the EFORT from complying with the law.
This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding EFORT.org and EFORTnet and supersedes any prior agreements.
EFORT Head Office
ZA La Pièce 2
Phone: +41 21 343 4400 / firstname.lastname@example.org