Vienna International Airport, Wien-Schwechat (VIE), is located just outside the city of Vienna, a few kilometers southeast of the Schwechat suburb.
More information: http://www.viennaairport.com/en/passengers
The City Airport Train / CAT takes just 16 minutes direct from central Vienna to the airport and vice versa. The CAT operates daily from 05.36 am to 23.36 pm, every 30 minutes.
The City Airport Train station is just 10 minutes from St. Stephan’s Cathedral at Wien Mitte station, which can be reached easily by tram, underground, bus or taxi.
To reach the Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center, the EFORT Congress venue, from Wien Mitte station, please proceed as following:
- take the U4 line in direction Heiligenstadt,
- get out at Schottenring,
- take the U2 line in direction Seestadt
- and get off at stop Messe/Prater.
The GPS coordinates for Vienna are: 1020 Vienna, Austellungsstrasse or Trabrennstrasse.
- If you arrive from the South, take the motorway Südautobahn A2 > Südosttangente A23 direction Praha/Brno > exit at Handelskai/Messezentrum.
- If you arrive from the East, take the motorway Ostautobahn A4 > Südosttangente A23 direction Praha/Brno > exit at Handelskai/ Messezentrum.
- If you arrive from the West, take the motorway Westautobahn A1 > at the Steinhäusl junction take Außenringautobahn A21 > then, at the Vösendorf / Südosttangente junction take the A23 direction Praha/Brno > exit at Handelskai/Messezentrum.
- If you arrive from the North, follow the motorway Donauuferautobahn A22 > exit at Reichsbrücke direction Zentrum > after the bridge, turn left at the first traffic light into Vorgartenstraße and drive to the junction to Ausstellungsstraße.
Parking facilities in and around the Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center: http://www.messecongress.at/en/standort/parken.html
The Vienna Airport Lines (Postbus) connects Vienna Airport with the main Vienna transport hubs. The 3 Vienna Airport Lines serve all of Vienna’s underground railway lines and also Wien West and Wien Meidling railway stations.
Buses to the city centre (Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz) run 24 hours a day; journey time is 20 minutes. Check the Vienna’s airport map to locate the departure points at the airport.
- More information on vienna Airport Bus connections: http://www.viennaairport.com/en/passengers/arrival__parking/bus_connections
Taxi stands are located outside Vienna’s Airport arrival terminals. It takes around 20 minutes to the city centre.